Terms of Service
Our coaching/client relationship is confidential. As a professional coach, and member of the ICF (International Coaching Federation) I apply the Standards of Ethics Conduct to my professional coaching practice. I acknowledge and agree to honor my ethical obligations to my coaching clients and colleagues and to the public at large. I pledge to comply with the ICF Code of Ethics, to treat people with dignity as independent and equal human beings, and to model these standards with those whom I coach. If I breach this Pledge of Ethics or any part of the ICF Code of Ethics, I agree that the ICF in its sole discretion may hold me accountable for so doing. I further agree that my accountability to the ICF for any breach may include loss of my ICF membership and/or my ICF credentials.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, payment is due in full (for the whole number of selected sessions) within 72 hours prior to start of the first Individual Coaching session. If payment is not received, session will be cancelled.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, payment is due in full (for the whole number of selected sessions) within 7 days prior to start of the first Group Coaching session. If payment is not received, your reserved seat will be forfeited and made available to another client.
All coaching sessions will be completed on time. If you are late for an appointment, your session will not extend in order to make up the difference. If you are late to your appointment 15 minutes or more, I reserve the right to cancel your appointment and classify your session as a missed appointment.
If you need to change or cancel your coaching appointment you will need to make those alterations at least 48 BUSINESS hours in advance (Mon-Fri, 9 am – 5 pm). So if your appointment is on a Monday, you will need to cancel it on the prior Thursday during business hours. If it is on a Tuesday, you will need to cancel the prior Friday during business hours and so on. Makeup sessions will be scheduled for advance notice cancellations for Individual Coaching Packages or Individual Sessions. No makeup sessions will be scheduled for Group Coaching. Changes or cancellations made less than 48 business hours in advance will incur the charge of the full rate for that session. This also applies to missed appointments.
Should you or I determine at any time that the direction of the coaching relationship has insufficiently progressed, either party may cancel; however, this must be done in writing, by email or postal mail.
If you decides to terminate the coaching relationship prior to completing an Individual Coaching Package, a full refund will be issued, less the number of sessions multiplied by the prevailing rate (single session rate) and a $50 administrative fee. The 48-hour cancellation policy is in effect.
No refunds are granted for the Group Coaching Packages.
Referrals are a significant portion of my practice. If you feel that our coaching/client relationship has added value to your life and/or business and might be equally beneficial to a family member, friend, or colleague, feel free to have that person contact me. For each person you refer, who remains a client for at least three sessions, you will receive $50 credit toward any Coaching Package or Session.
Code of Ethics
I am a member of the International Coach Federation (ICF) and abide by the ethics and regulations established by the organization, which can be found at coachfederation.org.
- I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects well on coaching as a profession and I will refrain from doing anything that harms the public’s understanding or acceptance of coaching as a profession.
- I will identify my level of coaching competence to the best of my ability and I will not overstate my qualifications, expertise or experience as a coach.
- I will, at the beginning of each coaching relationship, ensure that my coaching client understands the terms of the coaching agreement between us.
- I will not claim or imply outcomes that I cannot guarantee.
- I will respect the confidentiality of my client’s information, except as otherwise authorized by my client, or as required by law.
- I will obtain permission from each of my clients before releasing their names as clients or references.
- I will be alert to noticing when my client is no longer benefiting from our coaching relationship and thus would be better served by another coach or by another resource and, at that time, I will encourage my client to make that change.
- I will avoid conflicts between my interests and the interests of my clients. Whenever the potential for a conflict of interest arises, I will, on a timely basis, discuss the conflict with my client to reach informed agreement with my client on how to deal with it in whatever way best serves my client.
- I will, on a timely basis, disclose to my client all compensation from third parties that I may receive for referrals of, or advice given to, that client.
- I will honor every term of agreements I make with my clients and, if separate, with whoever compensates me for the coaching of my clients.
- I will not give my clients or any prospective clients information or advice I know to be confidential, misleading or beyond my competence.
- I will acknowledge the work and contributions of others; I will respect copyrights, trademarks and intellectual property rights and will comply with applicable laws and my agreements concerning these rights.
- I will use ICF membership lists only in the manner and to the extent that I’m so authorized by the ICF or the applicable ICF Chapter or ICF Committee.
- I will coach in a manner compatible with the ICF Definition of Coaching and, whenever asked by my clients about my ethical standards, I will inform them of my pledge and agreement to comply with the ICF Pledge of Ethics and ICF Standards of Ethical Conduct.
As an ICF coach, I acknowledge and agree to honor my ethical and legal obligations to my coaching clients and sponsors, colleagues, and to the public at large. I pledge to comply with the ICF Code of Ethics and to practice these standards with those whom I coach, teach, mentor or supervise.
By using the services provided through Backbone America, you agree to the following:
Appointment Ground Rules
- CLIENT CALLS THE COACH OR CONSULTANT AT THE SCHEDULED TIME, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
- CLIENT PAYS FEES IN ADVANCE.
- CLIENT PAYS FOR LONG-DISTANCE CHARGES, IF ANY.
Client Responsibilities and Expectations
- As a client, I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my physical, mental and emotional well-being during my coaching calls, including my choices and decisions. I am aware that I can choose to discontinue coaching at any time.
- I understand that “coaching” is a Professional-Client relationship I have with my coach that is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal, professional or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for achieving those goals.
- I understand that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve all areas of my life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation. I acknowledge that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate coaching into those areas, and implement my choices is exclusively my responsibility.
- I understand that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association. I understand that coaching is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment and I will not use it in place of any form of diagnosis, treatment or therapy.
- I promise that if I am currently in therapy or otherwise under the care of a mental health professional, that I have consulted with the mental health care provider regarding the advisability of working with a coach and that this person is aware of my decision to proceed with the coaching relationship.
- I understand that information will be held as confidential unless I state otherwise, in writing, except as required by law.
- I understand that certain topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with other coaching professionals for training OR consultation purposes.
- I understand that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual or other qualified professionals. I will seek independent professional guidance for legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual or other matters. I understand that all decisions in these areas are exclusively mine and I acknowledge that my decisions and my actions regarding them are my sole responsibility.
I have read and agree to the above.
Struggling to figure out what lenders really want? Grab this 20-page guide and DEMYSTIFY the lending process.
DEMYSTIFYING Small Business Loans for Women is the perfect starting point for any business woman who's seeking money for their startup or expansion. Just click on the button to the right to get it. FREE!